Back to service explorer
Unemployed or Laid-off Workers
Also known as the Title 1 Dislocated Worker Program
The Unemployed or Laid-off Worker Program offers training and career opportunities to Tennesseans who have recently lost their job. This program focuses on identifying any challenges that may keep an individual from finding a new job or education. It matches people with the best job and/or educational program that meets their unique needs and goals.
- Unemployed by no fault of your own. Some common scenarios include:
- Company permanently closed or laid off employees
- Company announced they will close or lay off employees soon
- Unemployed due to economic conditions or natural disaster(s)
- Homemaker that can no longer depend on spouse for income
- Veteran spouse that has lost job due to relocation
- Eligible for or exhausted Unemployment Benefit
Gather Required documents
Provide proof of each item below (if applicable):
Hover over each item to learn more
Date of Birth
Notification of Termination, Layoff, or Dislocation
Notification of Separation from Active Military Service
Get Started Next steps to enroll
- Create an account on Jobs4TN
- Find a location near you and request an appointment with a case manager. You can do so on our Find an American Job Center page
- Bring your documents with you to your appointment!
Confused about what services are available to you? We make it so easy to get started.