Back to service explorer
Workforce Development Program for Individuals with Disabilities
Also known as the Vocational Rehabilitation Program
The Workforce Development Program for Individuals with Disabilities empowers you to maximize your career potential, independence, and integration into their community. These services include job counseling, work experiences, training/education opportunities, and other supportive services that help you achieve your career goals.
Counselors for this program are located in many, but not all American Job Centers. Check out the Department of Human Services website to find out how to get in touch with someone.
- Physical, mental or sensory impairment that makes it hard to get or keep a job
- Would benefit from workforce development services in order to prepare for, secure, retain or regain a job consistent with the person's strengths, abilities, capabilities, interests and informed choice
Gather Required documents
Provide proof of each item below (if applicable):
Hover over each item to learn more
Social Security Number
Supplemental Security Income or Social Security Disability Income
Documentation of Disability
Get Started Next steps to enroll
- Check out the Department of Human Services website to learn more about this program
- Find a location near you and request an appointment with a case manager. You can do so on our Find an American Job Center page
- Bring your documents with you to your appointment!
Confused about what services are available to you? We make it so easy to get started.